Find the Doctor
Diagnostic Ultrasounds Offered at JTS Medical Centre
Ultrasound is also called sonography or diagnostic ultrasound, or diagnostic medical sonography. It is an imaging method that uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images of structures within your body. Ultrasonography is one of the most versatile medical imaging techniques. In addition, since it is painless and does not use any ionizing radiation, it’s highly safe for both patients and practitioners.
The Radiologist places the probe (transducer) on the indicated area of your body to send sound waves through your body to create a live image on the screen. The ultrasound images can provide valuable information for diagnosing and treating various diseases and conditions.
Sonograms don’t use any radiation, making it safe for you and your baby while pregnant.
Also, Ultrasound (USG) is often used to evaluate various conditions and can help diagnose abdominal pain and swelling, thyroid problems, cancer, gallbladder disease, and many more.
The Radiologist at JTS Medical Centre Radiology Department can provide the following ultrasound services:
- Abdominal Exams (Kidneys, Gallbladders, Livers, Spleens, Pancreas, & Aorta/IVC)
- Thyroid Exams (Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Neck Masses, Goiters, Thyroid Disease, Nodules & Cysts)
- Obstetric Exams (Pregnancy Confirmation; 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester; Size & Dates; and Fetal Dopplers)
- Gynecological Exams (Pelvic, Trans-abdominal, Trans-vaginal, Fibroids, IUD Placement Checks, Irregular Cycles, Heavy Bleeding, Menorrhagia, Ovarian Cysts & Polyps)
- Renal/Renal Doppler
- Vascular Studies (Venous/DVT, Fistula, Arteries, Carotid, & Aortic Aneurism)
Note: You must have an order from a physician to receive diagnostic ultrasound services at JTS Medical Centre. If you don’t have an order, you may visit a Physician in our medical Centre.